Woocommerce has officially announced the release of WooCommerce version 6.3. They even mentioned that this release should be backwards compatible with the previous version.
It is always recommended to take a backup of your site and make sure that the theme and any other installed plugins are compatible or not before updating.
Woocommerce v6.3 release contains:
Whats new in Woocommerce 6.3?
- WooCommerce Blocks: They have updated to the 6.9.0 version of the feature plugin. See the release posts for 6.8.0 and 6.9.0 to see what’s new.
- Product attributes lookup table – Added two database indices to the product attributes lookup table, these are intended to improve the performance of the table querying when there’s a lot of products and attributes.
- Add filter woocommerce_set_cookie_enabled to allow disabling specific cookies.
- Add product meta data to published product tracks.
- Enable browser-suggested passwords on checkout signup.
- WooCommerce Admin: They have updated to the 3.2.1 version of the feature plugin. See the changelog to find out what’s new.
The above lists are just a few of the changes that are included in WooCommerce 6.3. You can find the complete changelog for this release in the changelog.txt file.